November 6th, 2015, 23:49 Posted By: wraggster
In a contrast to the UK’s Halo-ruled rankings, Japan’s retail charts were last week dominated by home-grown titles from the territory.
The only Western title to make the Top Ten was the debut of sports game NBA 2K16, which achieved seventh place, according to the latest data from Famitsu.
Both first and second position were claimed by the Vita and PS4 versions of Bandai Namco’s God Eater Resurrection, respectively, which managed combined sales of over 140,000.
The game's Vita version once again proved the ongoing popularity of Sony's handheld system in Japan, outselling its home console sbling by more than four times.
The only other new entry was Nippon Ichi’s Yomawari, which claimed fourth, below 3DS Zelda spin-off Tri Force Heroes.
God Eater’s preference for PlayStation helped PS4 and Vita to swipe the top two positions in the hardware chart, respectively.
While Halo was absent from the software Top Ten following its release in Japan on October 29th (three days before the data was collated), its launch may have helped Xbox One sales in the region, as the console rose from its traditional tenth place to sit above the 3DS XL in ninth.
Here is the Top Ten software chart for the week ending November 1st:
- God Eater Resurrection (Bandai Namco) Vita – 114,994 (New)
- God Eater Resurrection (Bandai Namco) PS4 – 28,487 (New)
- The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes (Nintendo) 3DS – 21,292
- Yomawari (Nippon Ichi) Vita – 21,196 (New)
- Super Mario Maker (Nintendo) Wii U – 12,823
- Yo-Kai Watch Busters: Akaneko-dan/Shiroinu-tai (Level 5) 3DS – 12,806
- NBA 2K16 (2K Games) PS4 – 8,499 (New)
- Splatoon (Nintendo) Wii U – 8,113
- Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer (Nintendo) 3DS – 6,869
- Katachi Shinhakken! Picross 3D 2 (Nintendo) 3DS – 5,971
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here