January 11th, 2016, 22:08 Posted By: wraggster
The best-selling game of 2015 in Japan is also its first No.1 of this year.
According to data from our friends over at Famitsu, Capcoms Monster Hunter X takes the top spot, selling 149,587 units, 9,000 units ahead of second place, Monster Strike from Mixi.
Both of those titles are for the 3DS which was the best-selling hardware for the week. The New 3DS LL topped the console ranks with 82,675 units sold, ahead of the PlayStation Vita which shifted 77,926 consoles.
There was one Vita title in the Top Ten, Minecraft Vita Edition, which charted at No.6 and sold 45,302 units.
Two Nintendo Wii U titles appeared in the software rankings Super Mario Maker and Splatoon in third and fourth place respectively. The former sold 68,523 units while the latter shifted 60,991.
Below is the software Top Ten for the week ending January 3rd:
1. Monster Hunter X (Capcom) 3DS 149,587
2. Monster Strike (Mixi) 3DS 140,479
3. Super Mario Maker (Nintendo) Wii U 68,523
4. Splatoon (Nintendo) Wii U 60,991
5. Yo-Kai Watch Busters: Akaneko-dan/Shiroinu-tai (Level 5) 3DS 56,819
6. Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (Sony) Vita 45,302
7. Rhythm Heaven: The Best+ (Nintendo) 3DS 29,623
8. Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer (Nintendo) 3DS 28,326
9. Fallout 4 (Bethesda) PS4 25,994
10. Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam (Nintendo) 3DS 24,711
And here is the hardware Top Ten:
1. New Nintendo 3DS LL 82,675
2. PS Vita 77,926
3. PS4 70,596
4. Wii U 55,798
5. New Nintendo 3DS 23,895
6. Nintendo 3DS 15,685
7. PS3 4,319
8. PS VitaTV 685
9. Nintendo 3DS LL 589
10. Xbox One, 379
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here